The Elmbrook Humane Society (EBHS) Emerging Leaders Board is currently seeking new members. The Emerging Leaders Board was founded to help EBHS reach a larger audience of adopters and donors in the community and to contribute guidance and resources to supplement the overall success of the organization.
Apply today! If you send your application electronically, please open and save the application to your computer, complete and save the application to your computer, and email the application to Cassandra Smith, ELB vice president.
Why join ELB? You can:
- Support an organization that is doing important work saving the lives of animals and educating the public to create a more humane community;
- Provide guidance in your area of professional expertise to enhance existing programs;
- Play an active role in engaging others to support EBHS’ lifesaving programs;
- Participate in community service while gaining a better understanding of philanthropy in Waukesha County and beyond;
- Develop leadership skills and build a network with other professionals from a diverse backgrounds and industries; and
- Learn more about animal advocacy, fundraising, non-profit management, and the animal welfare community on both a local and national level.
Emerging Leaders Board members:
- Secure participants, sponsors, volunteers and other resources for shelter events, such as donations for Spring Gala and Wagfest;
- Volunteer at shelter events, such as managing the merchandise table at Wagfest;
- Develop, plan and produce at least one Emerging Leaders Board fundraising event annually, such as Trivia Night; and
- Attend monthly board meetings.
Emerging Leaders will be selected based upon the following criteria:
- A desire to focus on non-profit management or community leadership in the future, including areas of expertise such as marketing, sales, operations, finances, etc.;
- Commitment to animals;
- An outgoing and energetic personality; and
- Active participation in volunteer and community activities.
Questions? Contact Cassandra Smith, ELB vice president.
Emerging Leaders Board Members
- Cheryl Klein – President
- Cassandra Smith – Vice-President
- Nicole Hink – Secretary
- Mark Steinberg
- Trina Taft
- Elizabeth von Schlederer