Opening your home temporarily to an animal from Elmbrook Humane Society is a special way to show your passion for helping animals. Many of the animals looking for foster homes face challenges that can best be overcome with the loving support of our fantastic foster volunteers. Our foster homes also provide us the opportunity to free up more kennels to help even more animals that are in need of care.
As a foster volunteer you may host animals with special medical or behavioral needs, puppies or kittens in need of special feeding and socialization or mother animals with nursing litters. By fostering a homeless animal you are providing rehabilitation in a nurturing home environment and directly preparing them for adoption into a loving home.
How do I get started?
1. Read through the Foster Handbook Here
2. Fill out the Foster Care Application Here . To complete the application, open the file, save the file to your computer, complete the application, save the completed application to your computer, and email the application to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to (262) 782-3356.
4. Sit back, relax and wait for an EBHS staff member to follow up on your application
Foster Volunteer Testimonials
Still not certain if becoming a foster volunteer is for you? Hear from some of our foster volunteers about the impact they have on the lives of animals and the way in which their lives are influenced by fostering:
Do you want to foster but something is holding you back? No time? Full house? Allergies? What about virtual fostering?
For just $20/month, you will become a Virtual Foster Parent for Elmbrook Humane Society. Your donation will provide funds to purchase supplies and veterinary care for animals in our foster program. Your donation will go a long way in ensuring foster animals receive the care they need! You will receive an update on animals in foster care using your generous donation. Your $20 donation will provide:
- Distemper vaccinations, de-worming and vet check for two kittens.
- KMR milk replacer for a litter of five newborn kittens, for three weeks.
- Distemper, bordetella, de-wormer and a vet check for one puppy.
- Two week’s worth of antibiotics for a sick cat or dog.
- Four nursing bottles for newborn kittens or puppies.
To sign up for your monthly donation please follow the link below, click donate, choose the frequency of your donation as monthly, and add Foster Program into the Dedicate This Donation field. Please provide your email address to receive updates on animals in the foster program.
Want to support the Virtual Foster Program but would prefer to make a donation of supplies? Please click on the link below to purchase items our foster program is currently in need of. Every little bit helps!