Report Abuse


If your neighbor’s dog is left outside with no shelter, food or water. . . if you see someone cause harm to an animal… if you just suspect an animal may be suffering from abuse or neglect . . . we want to know. Unlike most crime victims, animals can’t seek help themselves. They depend on YOU to stop their suffering. Moreover, if you don’t help them, who will?

It is understood that you respect your neighbor’s privacy and may not want to see his companion animal taken away. That’s why, after you call our Humane Officers, they’ll first try to educate your neighbor about how to comply with the state and local animal care laws. They also realize that when you witness cruelty, you may be afraid to get involved. That’s why your report is kept confidential unless the case goes to court.

If you live in the City of Brookfield, Town of Brookfield, or the Village of Chenequa, Elm Grove, or Nashotah please call us 262-782-9261 to report an animal care concern or suspicion of animal neglect, abuse, or cruelty.  We are available 24 hours a day for you to report concerns.

We encourage citizens of Waukesha County to report cases of animal neglect, abuse, or cruelty, so that together, we can ensure every living being in our community is safe and well cared for. All complaints are investigated by our Humane Officers.